Have you checked out My New Roots yet? It’s a fantastic food blog. I modified Sarah B’s recipe for the Raw Brownie this afternoon, and they turned out fantastic. The brownie itself (pictured) is great and needs no adornment. But for a super decadent Truffle Brownie, add a chocolate ganache topping. Bon Appetit! -Amanda
1/2 cup walnuts
3/4 cup dates
¼ cup cacao powder
1/4 cup almonds
Pinch sea salt
For the ganache:
1/2 cup dark (vegan) chocolate chips
1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon espresso powder
1. Pulse almonds in a food processor until roughly chopped. Remove and set aside.
2. Pulse walnuts and salt in a food processor until powdery.
3. Add cacao powder and pulse until combined.
4. Add dates, 1/4 cup at a time, until sticky crumbs form.
5. Combine the brownie base and chopped almonds. Press into a form. I used a mini-muffin tin, but any shape will work.
6. For the ganache: Form a double boiler by placing a heat-proof bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water. Melt chocolate. Whisk in coconut milk, vanilla, espresso powder and salt.
7. Pour the ganache over the brownie so a thin layer forms.
8. Put in the refrigerator to set. Slice and serve.