I woke up this morning with a pleasant surprise from my boyfriend – a pot of cooked, drying out and unfinished oatmeal on the stove top. Rather than biff it in the bin, I made a banana oatmeal smoothie to go with my breakfast quinoa (see previous post here).
- 1 cup cooked oats (left over from breakfast)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 apple (cored and chopped)
- 1 cup non dairy milk (I used soy milk)
- Pinch cinnamon
- Sweetener – dates, maple syrup (optional)
- Add everything to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with toasted almonds to make it look pretty. Enjoy!
Notes: Pop in some crushed ice cubes if you prefer your smoothies cold, or substitute a fresh banana for a frozen banana.