If you can’t tell, I have a major girl crush on Chloe Coscarelli. I borrowed inspiration from her Miso Glazed Eggplant from “Chloe’s Kitchen.” These make a tasty appetizer. They are sweet and sticky with a background savoriness from the miso. -Amanda
Maple Miso Glazed Eggplant
Serves 2 appetizers
1 japanese eggplant
4 teaspoons miso
1 tablespoon maple syrup
4 teaspoons water
1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
1 stalk scallions
5 roma tomatoes
1. Slice the eggplant into thin rounds.
2. To make the glaze: whisk together maple syrup, water, and miso.
3. Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet. Brown the eggplant evenly on both sides.
4. Transfer the browned eggplant onto a cookie sheet. Brush with glaze. Put under a broiler for 2-3 minutes. Meanwhile, slice the tomatoes.
5. Arrange the tomatoes and broiled eggplant on a plate. Slice a few scallions and sprinkle them on top.