This sauce does have a fancy name (see above), but I usually call it capsicum sauce.
- 2 large red capsicums (bell peppers)
- 3 Tablespoons non-dairy milk (or use olive oil)
- Salt and Pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- Squeeze lemon juice (optional)
- Heat oven to 200C
- Place red peppers on a baking tray and roast for 30-45 minutes, turn occasionally, until the skins are blackened all over.
- Remove peppers and allow them to cool completely.
- Remove the seeds, cores and skin (the skin should just slide off)
- Place all ingredients in a blender/food processor and puree until smooth
- Sauce can be warmed up or served cold.
Pour over top of vegetables, rice, pasta or simply use as a dip! Yum.