This dish is a perfect weekday dinner – easy to whip up (less than 20 minutes, including chopping) and requires minimal cleaning up time. The cheesiness of the nutritional yeast, combined with the crunchy breadcrumbs and the lemon zest zing give this greens-and-beans-combo a nice week-day punch.
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and chopped or shredded
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Pinch red chilli flakes
- 1 can butter beans (cannellini beans), drained
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 2-3 T Nutritional yeast flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Toasted bread crumbs
- 2-3 T Tahini
- In a large non-stick pan, heat olive oil and sauté shallots until soft.
- Add chilli flakes and garlic and sautee about 1 minute.
- Add kale and sauté until wilted and tender, sprinkle some salt onto the kale while cooking.
- Add butter beans until warmed through.
- Take off heat, and add lemon zest and juice, and nutritional yeast flakes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with toasted breadcrumbs and drizzle with tahini.