This is yet another variation on socca. Think of it as a savory zucchini upside-down cake. Although, it is really delicious with tomatoes, too. Enjoy! -Amanda
Zucchini Chickpea Foccacia
1/2 cup chickpea flour
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon baking powder
salt and pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
3/4 cup sliced zucchini
1 teaspoon herbes de provence, or other herbs
1. Mix chickpea flour and water. Let rest at least 10 minutes, and up to 24 hours. When ready to eat, preheat the oven to 400 Fahrenheit.
2. In an oven proof non-stick skillet, sautee zucchini and herbes de provence in the oil. The zucchini should be evenly browned.
3. Mix the baking powder into the chickpea flour and water batter. Stir vigorously.
4. Pour the batter over the browned zucchini, swirling to cover it completely.
5. Place the non-stick skillet into the preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until golden and puffy.
6. Let cool slightly and invert the pan onto a plate so the zucchini layer is facing upward. Don’t worry if it is a little dark- that’s the best part!