I am moving up to Boston today! I can’t move into my apartment until the 1st of September, and I am super lucky to be staying with a good friend from high school until that time. I wanted to make a little something special to say thank you. This granola is a more elegant and personal gift than even a dozen roses. -Amanda
Makes 4 cups
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons almond butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons honey, agave, or other sweetener
salt and pepper
4 tablespoons dried rose petals, divided
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup sliced almonds
3/4 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 300 Fahrenheit.
2. Combine oil, almond butter, honey and vanilla until smooth.
3. Toss 2 tablespoons rose petals, oats, and almonds in the oil, almond butter and honey mixture.
4. Pour onto a greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 5 or 10 minutes. The granola is finished when it is golden and crisp.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Toss with remaining rose petals and raisins.
7. Store in an airtight container.