I’ve finally moved into my new apartment, and what better way to christen the kitchen than pancakes! These are different than your typical banana chocolate chip pancakes. The cocoa nibs are super special, and add a chocolatey crunch. Here’s to many more beautiful meals and memories in this new home!
Cocoa Nib and Banana Pancakes
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cardamom and cinnamon
1 banana, halved
1 tablespoon almond butter
2/3 cup non-dairy milk or water (but I’d use coconut milk!)
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon cocoa nibs
1. In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda and spices.
2. In a separate bowl, mash half the banana. Add almond butter, and non dairy milk.
3. Combine wet and dry ingredients.
4. Stir in apple cider vinegar.
5. Melt coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Dollop out pancakes to desired size. Sprinkle cocoa nibs over batter. When the pancakes look dry on the edges and bubbles have formed, flip them over. Let cook another 30 seconds.
6. Top with remaining sliced banana, additional cocoa nibs and/or your favorite pancake condiments.