This granola is inspired by my old Minnesota roommate, who is a granola connoisseur! It is unusual to see this combination of seeds in granola, but it is super tasty. The measurements are only suggestions- play around with what seems right to you. It’s lovely to infuse your house with the smell of this granola and bake a big batch on Sunday to have on hand for the rest of the week. -Amanda
1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
1 tablespoon honey, agave or other sweetener
1 tablespoon raw almond butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
2 cups oats
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
3 ounces poppyseeds
8 ounces sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raisins
0. Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
1. Combine oil, sweetener, almond butter, salt and cardamom.
2. Toss with all remaining ingredients EXCEPT raisins.
3. Spread out evenly on a cookie sheet. Bake for 15-30 minutes or until evenly golden, stirring every so often.
4. Let cool and toss with raisins.
5. Store in an airtight container.