Thank you Ina Garten! This makes a gigantic batch of soup. It is earthy, savory, creamy deliciousness. I’m so happy it’s soup season! -Amanda
Rosemary White Bean Soup
1 lb. dried navy beans
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 large onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
1 sprig rosemary
2 quarts organic vegetable stock
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Cover the beans with water and soak at least 6 hours, or overnight.
2. In a deep soup pan, saute onions in olive oil until translucent, about 10 minutes.
3. Add garlic and saute another 3 minutes.
4. Add bay leaf, rosemary, white beans (drained) and stock. Simmer 30-40 minutes until the beans are soft.
5. Puree until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.