I saw this bag of baby potatoes at the store this week. They were so cute, I just had to pick them up! Of course, you could use red or new potatoes just as easily. Haricot verts are basically just skinny green beans. Either one will do. Similarly, any mushroom would be delicious in here. Basically throw in whatever you have and enjoy! -Amanda
Warm Mushroom, Green Bean and Potato Salad
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
10 ounces crimini mushrooms
1 shallot, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
12 ounces haricots verts, chopped
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1/2 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
1 pound baby potatoes, boiled and sliced in half
1. Sautee shallots and mushroom in oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Sautee for another moment.
3. Deglaze the onions and mushrooms with1 tablespoon balsamic.
3. Add haricot verts. Sautee for a few minutes, until tender crisp.
4. Add remaining balsamic, dijon, and maple syrup.
5. Toss in baby potatoes until warmed through and coated in the dressing.
6. Serve warm, room temperature, or cold. Yummy!