I had the most incredible salt and pepper chocolate bar by Olive & Sinclair when I was in Nashville. It served as inspiration for these luscious little candies. You should really go make them. Now. -Amanda
Salt and Pepper Chocolate Truffles
1 cup dark chocolate chips
6 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2-3/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Create a double boiler by placing a heat proof bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water. Pour the chocolate chips and coconut milk into the bowl.
2. Stir until melted.
3. Stir in the vanilla, salt and pepper.
4. Remove the bowl and place in the refrigerator until the truffle mixture has hardened.
5. When ready to roll, remove from the refrigerator and let the truffle mixture soften on the counter for 5-10 minutes.
6. Use a teaspoon to remove small bits of truffle mixture. Roll them between your hands to form a uniform sphere.
7. Roll the truffles in cocoa powder.
8. Arrange on a platter. Serve at room temperature.