I’m sorry for the kitschy title- I just couldn’t help myself. Traditional vichychoisse is leek and potato soup. This is leek and roasted butternut squash soup, with a touch of spice from curry powder. It’s super simple and super delicious. Enjoy! -Amanda
Butternut Vichy-Squash Soup
1 large leek, trimmed and chopped
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 butternut squash, roasted
1 teaspoon curry powder
2-3 cups water
salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a medium saucepan, saute leeks in the olive oil until soft.
2. Add butternut squash and curry powder.
3. Cover with water, and allow to simmer so all the flavors can marry.
4. Blend using an immersion blender, or let cool slightly and transfer to a traditional blender. You want this silky smooth.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve with crusty bread. Yum city!