What better way to start a Sunday morning than playing with flour? Today, I was experimenting with a sprouted wheat flour. I really like the results- this bread has a nutty, wholesome flavor. It has a great crust, but retains a moist crumb. Enjoy! -Amanda
Sprouted Wheat Bread
4 cups sprouted whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
1 1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons oat bran
1. In a bowl, combine flour, salt, yeast and water. Let sit on the counter 12-24 hours.
2. About an hour before you are ready to bake, use about 1 teaspoon of olive oil to oil a loaf pan. Punch the dough down, knead lightly, and place it in the oiled loaf pan. Drizzle the remaining oil on top of the bread and sprinkle with oat bran. Allow to rise in a warm place about 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit.
4. Bake the bread 60-70 minutes, or until golden.
5. Remove from the pan. Let cool. Slice and slather with almond butter!