Is it foolish to start your week with chocolate? Breakfast for my favorite Monday morning class this week is Cocoa Coconut Cupcakes and- as per usual- it’s a modified version of Chloe Coscarelli’s “Chlostess” cupcakes. Happy April Fool’s Day! -Amanda
Cocoa Coconut Cupcakes
Yields 18 cupcakes
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until evenly combined.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, combine coconut milk, oil, vinegar and vanilla.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
5. Fill each muffin tin about 2/3 full. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
6. Let cool… or not. Share and enjoy with friends.