Mocha. Chocolate. Chip. Muffins.
You’re welcome. -Amanda
Mocha Chocolate Chip Muffins
Inspired by Chloe Coscarelli’s Chlostess Cupcakes
1 1/2 cups organic all purpose flour
1 cup vegan cane sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 tablespoon instant espresso powder (optional)
1 cup cold coffee
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
2. In a bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. If you really want to up the mocha flavor, add a couple of teaspoons of espresso powder.
3. In a separate bowl, combine coffee, oil, vanilla and vinegar.
4. In a food processor, pulse chocolate chips. Toss the chocolate chips in the dry ingredients, until they are evenly coated with the flour mixture. This will prevent them from sinking to the bottom.
5. Mix the wet and dry ingredients until just combined.
6. Fill a greased or lined muffin tin 2/3 full with batter.
7. Bake 25 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
8. Let cool (or not) and share with friends!