It’s amazing how some ingredients bring out the essence of other ingredients. Who would guess that chardonnay makes raspberries taste even more like raspberries? This is a simple, elegant jam that is quick to make. Enjoy! -Amanda
Raspberry Chardonnay Jam
Yields: 5 small jam jars
32 ounces fresh or frozen raspberries 1 1/2 cups organic unrefined cane sugar
1 lemon, juiced
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a large saucepan, combine raspberries, sugar, lemon juice, chardonnay, and salt over medium heat. Reduce by half until thick and jammy.
2. Meanwhile, sterilize jam jars by placing them on a baking tray in a 200 Fahrenheit oven. Sterilize the lids in boiling water.
3. Stir the vanilla extract into the jam.
4. Ladle the hot jam into the sterilized jars, leaving 1/2 inch from the top. Top with a lid and screw on until just tight.
5. Process the jars in boiling water for 15 minutes.
6. Let cool on the counter until you hear the seal pop. If it pops, it is shelf stable. If not, store in the fridge and consume within the week.