These were inspired by a dear friend for her 42nd birthday. Chocolate muffins flecked with dark chocolate and chopped hazelnuts are the best way I know to celebrate this wonderful woman. Happy birthday, lovely! -Amanda
Double Chocolate and Hazelnut Muffins
Adapted from Chloe’s Kitchen
Yields: 34 muffins
3 cups organic white flour
2 cups cane sugar
2/3 cup cocoa powder
2 tablespoons espresso powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup cold-pressed sunflower seed oil
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup roasted hazelnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine water, oil, and vinegar.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix thoroughly.
5. Fold in the chopped chocolate and roasted hazelnuts.
6. Pour the batter into a muffin tin. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until firm to the touch.