Granola is the perfect way to clear the pantry. I had a bunch of raisins and sesame seeds that had been lingering too long in my cabinets. This came together as a most delicious solution. Enjoy with fresh almond milk (recipe below). -Amanda
Raisin & Coriander Granola
Yields: 4 cups
1 1/3 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup sesame seeds
2 tablespoons tahini
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
2. In a bowl combine the oats and sesame seeds.
3. In a separate bowl combine tahini, oil, honey, vanilla, orange zest, coriander and sea salt.
4. Toss the oats and sesame seeds with the tahini mixture until well coated and clumping.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Remove the granola from the oven. Stir in the raisins.
7. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.
8. Serve with homemade almond milk, sliced bananas, or whatever your heart desires.
Yields: 3 cups
1 cup almonds, soaked overnight
3 cups water
1. In a blender, combine almonds and water until finely ground.
2. Strain the almond milk through a fine mesh cloth bag. Squeeze the cloth to remove all of the liquid.
3. Bottle and store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.