I was super excited to find wild Maine blueberries at my local grocery store and decided to make these muffins as a celebratory breakfast during a weekend away in Kennebunkport. Enjoy! -Amanda
Maine Blueberry Crumb Muffins
Yields: 15 muffins
For the muffins:
3/4 cup white flour
3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 lemon, zested
1 cup blueberries
For the crumb:
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup instant oatmeal
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl combine water, oil, almond extract, vanilla extract and vinegar.
4. Dump the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined.
5. Fold in the lemon zest and blueberries.
6. To make the crumb, combine all ingredients together.
7. Fill a muffin tin 2/3 full. Crumble over the crumb topping. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.