Despite all recent evidence to the contrary, I do make things other than muffins. But this past Friday night, Meaghan and I decided to have a cozy night inside: reading, tea, cats and Cardamom Crumb Muffins. They are fast to through together and completely delightful. It’s a perfect way to fill your house with a spicy scent and celebrate the arrival of the season. -Amanda
Cardamom Crumb Muffins
For the muffin:
1 1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup cane sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
For the crumb:
2 tablespoons vegan margarine
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
1. Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
2. For the muffins: In a bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Whisk in remaining wet ingredients until just combined.
3. Line a muffin tin. Fill each muffin 2/3 full. Set aside.
4. For the crumb: With a fork, combine all ingredients until crumbly.
5. Sprinkle the crumble over each muffin. You will use around 2 teaspoons of crumb for each muffin.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden.