Inspiration can strike in the oddest of places.
The idea for this recipe came on a recent trip hiking through the Andes. It may have been the lack of oxygen or it may have been divine intervention. These little beauties are adorable, fragrant and seasonal. I used store bought pie crust, but obviously feel free to use your favorite recipe. Enjoy! -Amanda
Ravioli Apple Pies
2 store bought pie crusts
2 apples, peeled and chopped
3 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar, plus more for sprinkling
1 teaspoon cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling
1. Preheat your oven to 425 Fahrenheit.
2. In a bowl, mix together chopped apples, flour, sugar and cinnamon until the apples of evenly coated.
3. Lay your rolled pie crust on a floured surface. Dollop rounded tablespoons onto the surface, leaving enough room between them for your ravioli stamp.
4. Lay the second piece of pie crust over the first. Smooth it down around the mounds of apple, so that no air will be trapped.
5. Stamp out your pies using your ravioli stamp and transfer to a baking sheet.
6. Brush your pies with non-dairy milk and sprinkle liberally with cinnamon and sugar.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and flaky.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool, slightly.